View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 09:53 PM   #51
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
Wow, sorry to hear you've had issues like fading and scratched plastics; I've not had those issues. Maybe you do keep yours longer, I keep thinking I will keep longer then get tempted to upgrade about every 3 or 4 years.
As to paint, I cannot comment on the other models in recent years, but will say this... on my 2013 I opted for the dealer paint protection and on the 2016 I decided to save the money. The 2016 paint was much more work to maintain than the protected 2013 paint, so I will get the dealer paint protection again this time.
And, while I certainly have heard of electronics issues and did have a few minor ones on the 2013, fortunately the 2016 has had no issues at all with the electronics.
Bizarre how much our experience has differed. Thanks for sharing,

Brad
IMHO any kind of protection such as paint/ fabric Etc on anything I consider to be just snake oil. Just another dealer add on to make money..

The problem with the paint nowadays is that it's water based paint and it doesn't hold up as good as the lacquers of the past.
There is no Miracle poop you can put on your paint to protect it Beyond some of the good waxes and sealants out there. Even with some of the best you be lucky to get 6 months to a Year's worth of coverage out of them.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote