View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 07:26 PM   #45
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
I've owned all of the big 3 HD diesels, going back to the 80's.
Those who are saying the above probably have not driven one of the RAM higher end trims, like Longhorn or Limited. BTW, I do think the base trim models of RAM do look cheaper than the base models from GMC or Ford, but I don't have first hand experience on the newer base models of any of them...

For example of what I'm talking about, below is a link to the first article that came up in a Google search on interiors...
https://automotivemap.com/best-truck...9#rebelltitem9
For years, the RAM Limited trim has been #1 for interior, and the latest 2019+ is nicer again than our 2016. Still a great powertrain, but now it has the nicest interior, AND a tight cab with no squeaks or rattles.

I have my 3rd RAM in a row coming in a few weeks. First time I ordered 3 in a row of any brand, so I guess I've come to like them

Brad
My concerns do not lie with the looks of an interior. A higher level of options does not change the basics of the truck. I have a Ram and a Jeep. These vehicles are related and have similar issues with fit, finish, electronics, and quality of materials used in manufacturing. Recalls are a reality of ownership, 15 and counting and some have no solution. I've owned all three brands as well. Not having brand loyalty is liberating. If I'm going to spend $70k on anything I want the best available. Too bad Acura doesn't make a one ton.