View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 06:14 PM   #10
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Quote:
Originally Posted by buford View Post
This Summer we had a china bomb tire blow and pretty much destroy my passenger side skirting, fender and damaged a level up jack. I have received the skirt and fender, and skirt is cut to length but prior to install I thought I would ask for some experienced advice.
Have any of you done this repair yourself? It does not appear to be a daunting task, but I am curious if you installed the skirt before or after you cutout the fender area. The "J wrap" comes as one long piece, without the cutout. Any advice would be appreciated.
Go to a store and get a large piece of cardboard. Something like a piece from a refrigerator that is long. Remove the plastic fender flare from the opposite side and use the cardboard to roll over the J trim on the good side. Use a black sharpie and mark your wheel well location for cutting. Once complete, use the template and roll it inside-out so that the same dimensions for the cutout will apply to the other side. You basically have a mirror image of what you need for the repair. The good part about cardboard is that it will roll the opposite way easily.

When you make the template, put a mark on the cardboard and measure from that mark to the bumper on the rear. Use that same mark and measurement on the other side for marking your new piece. I would temporarily hang the j wrap and mark it on the camper. If all looks well, you can remove it to cut it.

Good luck.