View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I'm about to put new Duravis tires on my Monty ... I've never heard of a lug centric adapter. Is this something used during the balancing process on the tire balancing machine?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Be sure when you have them balanced that they use a lug centric adapter so the wheel is centered by the lugs and not the center hole. Trailer wheels do not normally center by the center hole like an auto wheel does. Many car tire balance people don't know about this. A few do and have the adapter available.

If they balance by the hole centering method either they will tell you the rim and tire are way out of round or they will put lots of weights on the rim to "balance" it but all it's really doing is locking in an imbalance situation.

LonnieB, or other tire guy out there, this was the situation as of a couple of years ago. Is it correct this is still the case? Thanks.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote