View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
I feel your pain! I had DirecTV service call for three of my very old standard receivers to be replaced. Seems in my area we have a company that is becoming the "exclusive" sub-contractor (Halstead Comm). Same story about having to schedule a 4 hour block of time and then be stuck 2 hour past it for a kid to show up.

Said kid then "discovers" my sub-standard coax (used to feed RF out to a second TV in another room for the treadmill) is my problem! He installs a brand new RG-6 and rolls up my RG59. Then tells me he is not authorized to provide ANY replacement receivers per his pissed off supervisor, which I believe was because he's so far behind schedule. I place a call to DirecTV while the kid is still routing the "new" cable...I was polite with the operator, and confirmed my request on their end was to have three replacement receivers installed. Kid leaves...saying ok...your all set....1 hour after the receiver locks up again.

Rescheduled through DirecTV for a return visit of a repairman, get a call from my favorite company, who tells me they can schedule me, I comment that I have it scheduled and they say, no we can't do that time. I tell them ok I'll check with DirecTV not gonna let them by-pass the main company.

DirecTV tells me it was cancel by their sub contractor...now I'm loosing it...I tell them all I need are three receivers as I originally requested and do not need any help.
Bingo...got a DirecTV supervisor and he credits me a month, sends 3 brand new receivers, and transfers ownership of them to me, as I'm a long time customer who owns all but the HD-DVR receiver.

I'm happy, life is good...
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote