Thread: VPN Software
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 03:08 PM   #9
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Ok I agree with what has been posted already.

However there is an other reason to VPN into an other server. Although it is for a fee. In other words.

If I want to watch a TV show say based in the UK. And they only allow people from the UK to view it. I have to VPN to one of their servers to get the host domain. It is the Only Way.

Yes you have to pay a fee for access to the server.
It's not like hacking a server. Nor are you doing anything illegal. You are just paying a fee like satellite internet.

Now you can do devious things using a VPN. However if what you are doing is suspicious you would be terminated.

I have to log in via VPN for lots of things for work. Things like Travel, Time, Benefits, and anything HR related.
We just went thru a DUO authentication for all things related.
I work for an educational outfit. They have EDUROAM So no matter where you are if they are part of the network you are authenticated. But with the duo auth it differs. I just found this out this week.

So there are other reasons to VPN other than devious reasons.
I have a serious need due to work.
My wife would like to see the British TV Show Big Brother. Which is only available to UK domain. How else do you get there. It is like a passport in this instance. Your mileage may vary.

Just an insight why VPN is important.
But in the DAY and age While on the WWW.
Question Is WHY is it necessary.