Thread: Accessory Hitch
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 01:38 PM   #13
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToRetire View Post
It seems the accessory hitch on our 2021 3763BP is set too far back to use it without an extender with our bike rack (the handlebars hit the back). We are currently looking at ebikes and have learned a great deal about bike racks (not all are rated for 5th wheel use) and extenders (an extender reduces our 300 lb capacity to 150 lbs). It's hard enough finding a rack that will hold our 65 pound bikes (that's without the battery), but now because of the extender, we will be over weight. We are currently looking at options to carry the bikes but with so many getting ebikes now, maybe it's time for Keystone to look at something different for those of us that can't tow a trailer (nor do we want to). Thanks to MOC for this venue to post comments and to Keystone for listening.
I had the same problem. I was going to solve it with a custom made hitch that fastens to the trailer hitch but at almost 80 getting the 65lb bikes off there is a challenge and reduces turning angle. You could go with a front hitch but I ended up selling expensive bikes at a huge loss and will be buying fold up RAD's next spring that will go in front of folded up back seat in my crew cab.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote