Thread: on the mend
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
on the mend

I have missed this group the last few weeks. We were to start our fulltiming adventure two weeks ago. I am just now getting strong enough to get back on the computer.

I had been feeling quite weak and run down for about two months. It started when I noticed a small red and white sore on my left forearm. Then a lump under my left armpit. After a trip to the ER on Dec 26 I was told I was getting over flu and sore was a shoulder strain.

I got progressively weaker. Finally on 1/5 Len took me to ER again after having seen my doctor and being told my liver enzymes were out of whack. After four days in hospital I was finally diagnosed with Cat Scratch Fever. I was hospitalized 5 days Yea, back in Sept I found a stray kitten that we adopted. Many times in play he has scratched me. I am told about 40% of kittens carry this virus. It is more common for children to get Cat Scratch. My infectious disease doctor tells me I am the worse cade he has seen. There is not much research on the disease in adults.

The sore was the point of entry of the virus. The lump was a swollen lymph node. The infection invaded my spleen and liver.

So here I am - still very weak and told I will be for the next several weeks. Len retired on Jan 7 and instead of traveling right now, is busy being my nurse. I find myself getting slightly better each day but after only doing very little, I am exhausted for hours afterward. I will be okay and we will travel, hopefully by mid February.

So, our Montana is set to go, plans have been made and cancelled and we are in a wait and see mode. But you bet you will see us down the road at some point.
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote