View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 05:31 AM   #28
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Let's think about this... It's not the propane being on that's necessarily the problem unless you have an accident that breaks a hose or connection, it's any sparking that might occur that uses propane to run that is the problem. I have been known to run with propane on, if the drive is gonna be more than 4 hours which is rare but does happen. As long as the fridge doors remain closed during this time the contents should remain cool but I run the A/C on propane just to make sure if the drive is long.

Other things that spark with propane are the water heater and the furnace which I don't run, but know of others who do run them. This means prior to entering a tunnel (which might have fumes) you don't want anything to spark from your rig, so turn off these items if you know there's tunnels ahead, but who plans this much. Well, I do. And of course if getting ready to refuel, turn off these devices so they don't spark. The only other hazard with propane being on, is having a severe accident that might break a propane line, then if there's a fire or spark somewhere, well you get the idea.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote