Old 02-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #6
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mark N.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jmell44

I want to install a Maxxfan in our entertainment room which just has a vent. Is that vent pre-wired for a power fan?
I looked at one of my vents and the one in my bedroom, near the shower was not. However, there is a light nearby, so I am hoping there is a hot lead that is not switched nearby too. I am afraid it's switched though.
Now this is something I don't understand, we have a 2012 model 3402RL and the vent in the bathroom as well as the one in the shower area both have fans albeit they are the cheap variety. We ordered two thermostatically controlled MaxAir's one in the kitchen area and the other in the bedroom.

To the OP our AC is in the living area so we do not have a vent between the kitchen and the rear of the RV. It would be anyone's guess if yours was wired for a fan and I would be absolutely certain Keystone cannot tell you either, every one seems to be done differently depending who is working on wiring that particular day.

You should be able to remove the vent cover on the inside and perhaps see if there are any terminated wires in the area.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote