Old 11-29-2020, 04:42 PM   #76
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
Brad,

i don't want to go back and forth on this ......i'm done..have a great day
I understand, it seems you know what you are doing and don't need my advice. But, my sincere concern is that you aren't discussing basic things like GAWR and how it applies to your decision.
...for example, you shared your weights and you are already over on your rear GAWR. If you were driving commercially and got stopped, you'd be ticketed -even 50lbs over gets you a ticket in most jurisdictions. And, I think I'm being generous in thinking you have a 7000 rear GAWR; for your truck it may be much lower and you may be many hundreds of pounds over... I'd recommend you check your GAWR and adjust your loads as needed.

I'm further concerned that others may not know to check GAWR also, but it is important. So, for the benefit of others who want to know more...

This from the Ford towing guide: "load weight and weight of passengers and cargo must not cause vehicle weights to exceed rear GAWR or GVWR. These ratings can be found on the vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Label."

Manufacturers provide ratings and all the information required to safely drive whether empty or loaded. They also provide the ratings for any replacement parts. IMHO, there truly is no need to second guess that.
Buy the tires with similar ratings, but never lower if you are going to load heavy. If you want to go a bit higher, that's ok, but it will not allow you to legally carry more weight.

---
Now, @ForBruce -back to your original recommendation?
Thanks for sharing the info on the Geolanders; I didn't know about them and they do look good so I will check them out. Thanks again!

Peace.

Brad