View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We are just outside Tampa. Don't know what the percentages are as for age, but we are younger that most. I do know that there must be no one left in MI, about 90% are here are from MI, and there are many RV Resort parks in this area. But they should be called Park Model and a few RV sites. I guess we are spoiled by the West. Our experience West of the big Muddy has been awesome. We more than likely will go West next year. We knew it would be more expensive here but thought the parks would be better. We have always went to the East side and down to the Keys before, this is our first time on the Bay side of Florida. For those who have been to the RGV or the Delta or what ever you want to call it, that sign that says "Welcome Home Winter Texans" is a beautiful sign, and they mean it. We liked the RGV and all those friendly TEXANS. I do agree that some parts of Arizona is different, I don't like the Western part, we do like Casa Grande, Mesa, Tucson and Southern and Southeastern part of Arizona. There is a lot of Military Retirees in Texas. Most we have met here are from MI,PA, Ohio and of course Canada. But in our area here most own the Park models they live in and come here every winter for many years. It does seem that when a Park model leaves it is then made a RV site. Oh well its different strokes for different folks. I feel very blessed and thankful to be doing what we are doing. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote