View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Edited: This (the below) is directly from that link. I guess I just don't understand the "recreational vehicle" portion. It appears it is entirely up to the satellite company. I would not be looking to get local Houston channels, but the national ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX channels as a "distant station."
=========================
"

Unserved Households

If the installation of an outdoor over-the-air rooftop antenna does not provide the local broadcast TV stations you desire, you may qualify as an "unserved household." If you qualify as an "unserved household," you may be eligible to receive "distant signals," or stations that originate outside of your local television market.

The term "unserved household" means a household or subscriber that:

cannot receive, through the use of a conventional, stationary, outdoor rooftop antenna, an over-the-air network signal of Grade B intensity as defined by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC);

has a satellite dish that is permanently attached to a recreational vehicle or a commercial truck; or

is subject to a waiver granted by the television network station.

Using a computer model, your satellite company can tell you if you are predicted to be "unserved." If you are not predicted to be unserved, you may ask your satellite company to request a waiver on your behalf.

As with local signals, your satellite company determines whether to provide distant signals to eligible subscribers and which distant signals will be offered. Satellite companies also may charge an additional fee to local subscribers for these distant signals."
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote