View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 05:23 AM   #8
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sky

Ozz, is this in just one state/town or all states/towns? There always seemed to be an unwritten rule that 10 mph was safe and I heard that ever since I was a kid many many years ago. Then one day I became a police officer and found that "unwritten rule" was false and it depended on the police officer running the radar
unit and the latitude he felt like giving someone at that paticular location that he was running the radar unit. Of course you have to take into consideration the weather,road condition, location, day time or night time, etc, etc....Of course you can get an officer that sees no gray area, only black and would give his mother a ticket for doin 1//2 mph over the limit. By the way there is usually a plus or minus 2mph error factor given the radar unit for error. But the main factor is the man running the radar unit- at least that is what I found durning the 25 years as a police officer.
and what he feels is fair.
This brings to mind a story, my oldest son living in Wyoming at the time got pulled over, and given a ticket for 82 in a 75, seven over, heres what I like about the story, after getting handed the ticket my son asked him what is the speed limit, and you can pretty much guess what the reply was ,75 MPH. I am not sure what my son was thinking he was going to hear, but it wasn't going to be anything but what was posted. I don't think anyone should live by the 10 MPH rule they may be disappointed.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote