View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #11
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
We are a few years from retirement, however we already travel a LOT so I don't think the transition will be that big of an issue for us. I don't think we will ever sell our current home as it is paid off and in a low cost of living and rural area (Arkansas Ozarks). While I have to say that I was very impressed by some of the scenery in California, I can't imagine being based there with the high taxes and cost of living. If I was you I would consider relocating my residence to a state that is more retiree friendly (I hear Florida is a great choice for that--we are even looking at living there long enough when we retire to establish residence). That doesn't mean that you can't go back to California for extended visits or even buy a small lot there for the 5th wheel. But wouldn't it be nice if the state wasn't so deep in your pocket book? Then again Washington State for the summer and Florida for the winter sounds mighty good and you can always use that boat in the Gulf of Mexico where the fishing is fantastic!
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote