View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 03:25 PM   #17
lmf580
Established Member

M.O.C. #20058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billhorn View Post
A lesson I'll never forget. I have been trying to figure out why there would occasionally be some dripping out the bottom of our fifth wheel (2003 Montana 3670RL). I bought an endoscope but that just didn't show much. So I decided I just had to fugure out a way to peek inside the bottom to see if I can tell what is going on. So I removed a couple of screws at the front from the very thick and ridgid plastic sheeting. I got my little flashlight all ready and got in a good position to stick my head up in there to try and look for a problem. Of course there was an ocean of nasty that came flowing out as soon as I pulled the bottom down a bit. I managed to not get a face full but got soaked. Lesson learned. So I took a lot more screws out so I could drop one full side of the bottom and got a clear view of the leak. I'm wondering what the group recommendations would be for a patch. Online I seem to only find stories from unsucesfull attemps to stop leaks.
I have used Plasti-mend on two tanks. Follow the instructions and make sure the tank is dry. I used a shop vac blowing in the drain. There is a short working time with plastic mend (5-8 min.) Use disposable brushes. Three coats is recomend. My repair was 4 yrs ago, no leaks yet.
Plasti-mend ph # 800-821-1835.
Web: plasti-mend.com
lmf580 is offline   Reply With Quote