View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 04:20 PM   #30
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahdmeyer View Post
well i did find them on costco web site and ordered 2 lion energy lithium batteries thx to everyone who had suggestions and opinions. hard decision between the lion and battleborn. the lion gives 5 ah more per battery and weights less, checked on the reviews and seemed good. has a ten year warranty based on charges app 3500 . $1478.39 for 2 best i could find on battleborn is about $1600. thx again everyone
al meyer
39312 fb
az
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
Thanks for sharing. I am pretty confident that I know what I am talking about and multiple governing bodies agree.

OBTW what is the brand and model of the LiFePO4 drop in that experienced thermal runaway? In the marine vertices I am aware of lithium manganese chemistry runaway examples but not a single iron phosphate. Add to that the LiMn chemistry models I am familiar with the runaway incidents are not drop in replacements as we were referring to in the thread.

Congrats on pulling the trigger on 2 Lion Lifep04 batteries. I predict you'll love them so much that you'll buy 2 more. Just to back up what PNW Fireguy stated about lithium ion phosphate batteries, concerning the battery chemistry, the BMS also functions to limit the discharge current of the battery by internally disconnecting. Here in the Phoenix area, Rowley White RV sells SOK 204 AH batteries at their dealerships for $1,000. As of last week, I noted more than 20 in stock. The construction and features of SOK batteries are on a par with other high end offerings.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote