View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 08:44 AM   #11
BandBmalin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22581
badknees,

I also tow a smart trailer for my golf cart. In my case, the receiver that came with my fifth wheel had a sticker that said it was NOT for towing. To reinforce that sticker, the spot you would normally attach the safety chains was plate steel with no holes to hook the chains to. I cut their receiver off and installed a bolt on receiver I got from Etrailer that is designed for towing. (Probably voided my frame warranty already becuase of that.) As for the "triple towing" concern, I've not heard of anyone getting pulled over for this type of set up. The smart trailer is more like a giant shelf with casters helping to hold it up than a second trailer. I only tow inside Florida with the golf cart so I can't comment on how other state troopers may interpret this set up. A friend of someone I used to work with was considering a similar trailer and kept asking state troopers if it was legal in FL and their reactions varied.

I can only comment on my experience and so far, I've had no issues with my set up.
2017 Fully Grown 5 Pound Toy Golden Doodle
BandBmalin is offline   Reply With Quote