View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:02 AM   #6
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Ozz, one note: The amplifier is in the antenna head on all the Sensor antennas. What you have in the closet is the power source and signal splitter. Now the newer models use digital splitter tech vs the old balum method, might have a little less loss, I've been into both old and new. The biggest problem and this might be model dependent, is the additional signal splitters Keystone installs. On my unit there is the splitter in the control box (where the on/off switch is), a second one to split off to the basement outlet, and a third splitting the signal between the LR TV and Stereo. Each splitter cuts the signal in half. I've added a small in-line amp from Radio Shack to help overcome some of the splitter loss. The Wingman works, not sure if it lives up to all it's claims. Had it on my previous TT and moved it over to the Montana and it did help, but when I had the 2nd AC installed I had to take it off as it hit the AC and wouldn't let the antenna come all the way down. May have to see if I can rotate the whole antenna assy so it clear the AC.

Looks like several of us were posting at the same time, See what you started Ozz