View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #12
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
David and Jo-Anna. I got the same error on my newer 2006 Ford F-250 TBC when I towed my Sprinter TT on its last trip before we picked up our new Monty. I had not seen this error on my 2004 Ford F-250 with a Prodigy Brake Controller (I don't recall the model).

When I saw the error I would slow down and use the trailer brake slide switch and the brakes seemed to work. Since our trip was 90% interstate or highway driving and the slide on the brake controller worked, we completed the trip and returned home. Later that month I took the TT in to the Monty dealer as a trade-in (the problem occurred a couple of times) and mentioned the problem to them. They promised me they would check out the trailer and after I picked up the new Monty and have never seen the error again, I didn't concern myself any longer.

All this just means that since you are on a much longer trip you might want to stop somewhere and check this out, because like others have said it could be the trailer (brake wires or electric brake problem), the harness at the TV or RV, or the TV's brake controller. If it's raining then you could have moisture problems, too. In my situation, all was dry.

It appears in my case that the problem may have been the older TT since I have not seen the problem again, even towing other trailers, but I have not been in contact with the dealer to find out. It would have been nice to know just for history sake.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote