View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 06:46 AM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hey Kathy and Dave... just curious. What is your compressor? I had a small 110v unit and got so tired of the limitations and how slow it was I finally went out and bought a bigger one and gave the little one to my daughter so she would check her tires more often (we both hated the unreliable service station ones).

My new one is a Porter-Cable 135psi, 6 gallon pancake compressor that delivers 2.6 cfm @ 90 psi. Probably .8 cfm @ 30psi. It works great for everything (filling tires, blowing things clean, etc.), but if I ever need to blow out the lines, it's not enough to use for air tools, but would it be enough for blowing out the lines, if only 30 psi is needed (really, only 30 psi)? I take this one on RV trips and hope to get a bigger one to operate air tools to make my vehicle and trailer maintenance procedures a lot quicker.

I guess if any compressor delivers 30psi then it shouldn't matter since 30psi is 30psi and larger compressors allow for higher psi. Do I understand this correctly?

Jackel1959... that's a great checklist, but I have a questions/suggestions about #4. Even though I use filters, the hot water tank always seems to develop sediment deposits. I would add that a cleanout wand (with a filter) be used to flush out all this sediment so that the empty hot water heater is not stored with this crap in it. However, the plug is a little high so there is always some water left behind. Do you have any suggestion to remove the water that sits on the bottom of the tank? For those in very cold climate isn't this water a concern? Do you have this problem in your H/W tank?

I drain my H/W tank when I park it after every outing (it is stored on my driveway), but this remaining water has always kinda bothered me. Does anyone have a suggestion about this even if not winterizing?

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote