View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 03:57 AM   #4
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
CT, I fought that problem for a long time. I have a "05 f-350. I would first pull the right rear brake drum off, and check the brake wires very carefully. The magnet brake actuating arm had cut the wires one time. After I repaired that it kept sending the fault. Then I removed the clips that hold the wires onto the actuating arm. The insulation had been worn through and was grounding , thus sending the fault. If you find nothing on the r. rear wheel, then pull the r. front and check. As you know the right side of the roadway is always rougher and broken up than the left. Those magnets float , and get bounced a lot.
Another time , the dash was saying trailer disconnect. I finally took the female plug apart
from the rear bumper. It is 2 pieces. The outer piece where the trailer plug goes, is epoxied. the inner piece has small contacts which were corroded. The two parts of the plug has an O ring for a seal, but water had gotten into it. My clearence lights would intermittently flicker on and off also.
Good luck on finding the culprit, I know that it will make you pull your hair out. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote