View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Montana build ticket?

Hi

Here are some pictures I made today while repairing some poor wiring to the TV in the rear of the trailer.

Several years ago about 3 when I was hooking up the satellite receiver I had called Keystone Costumer disservice and requested them to look at the build document for my trailer and tell me where the “loop” wire in the TV wiring was located.

They told me that that was an option that my trailer was not built with.

So I removed that heavy bedroom TV and replaced it with a flat screen. This left the area behind the bedroom TV clear so I could rout coax cable from the receiver to the back of the switch unit for the TV antenna booster.

;;
;

I then put a shelf under the TV and inside the washer drier cabinet to put the satellite receiver on. You can see the blue light on the front of the satellite receiver.

;

This work well until a few weeks ago when we started having problems with picture quality of the rear TV. I found last week while we were in Dundee that by wiggling the wires behind the rear TV that I could improve the picture.

Well when I removed the fire place to get to the wiring for the TV and guess what I found hidden behind it where it couldn’t be seen or used without removing the fire place. You guessed it the “loop” wire in the TV antenna circuit.

;

I would say this kind of shoots the idea that Keystone keeps comprehensive records on the construction of their units.

So I used a fox and hound device and found that the wire from the convenience center marked Cable / Satellite goes from the convenience center to the rear of the trailer, thru the “loop” and all the way back to the front bedroom to connect to the antenna booster switch then all the way back to the back of the trailer to the TV.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote