View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 06:32 AM   #14
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mark N.

I'm not sure what happened in your case, but I leave my batteries in place, with the Monty plugged in all winter long. The batteries are always at a full charge state.
I do the same as Mark, I have never used the battery disconnect with the exception of investigating what is and is not disconnected when you do turn it off.
In the position where the key can be removed the batteries are isolated from the converter, therefore will not be charged by the converter, there is some drain on the batteries even when the disconnect is activated and will certainly drain the batteries over the course of the winter.
For information only, the disconnect does "NOT" isolate the batteries from the slide and level up operation and batteries must be installed to operate those systems, the converter alone cannot supply sufficient current to operate them.

My best advise is if you cannot have your unit plugged in all the time then remove the batteries and maintain them with a battery maintainer or every month with a charger. Forget the disconnect is even there and you will never have to worry about whether it is in the proper position.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote