View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #25
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
fauch wrote:
Quote:
quote:
I was just wondering if the distance and accessibility would lend to inserting a self supporting spiral wound duct or other self 'opening' tube.

Is there still a return register on the AC unit? ..or is that gone from the new model?
At this time fauch I will let the dealer and Keystone worry about how to fix the problem. It looks like the intended duct was meant to be about 1.5" x 12" or so, you can actually push the insulation for the roof up somewhat and I suspect this area is between two roof joists but may be narrower as I don't know what the spacing on the roof joists would be in this RV. I am sure they will be able to resolve the problem in some way and I will certainly let everyone know how that was done.

I guess these would be considered the return "register" for the AC, as this is where it gets it's air, and is actually recirculating already cooled air from within the unit. If working properly it might make the AC more effective. That I assume was the intended purpose. I am not a AC expert but it seems strange to me to pick up air so close to the cold air ducts that cool that part of the living area.

Time, and another visit to the dealership will perhaps shine some light on how this will work out.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote