View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 05:15 PM   #8
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Our unit only had speakers inside which we never use. We love music and our other 2 campers had outside speakers. So I fixed that issue. I purchased and installed a marine head with a remote mounted controller and 2 speakers.

I drilled 2 holes up high on the dinning slide wall and mounted the speakers so they would go into the backs of the over head cabinets. The head unit is mounted under the center cabinet in its own enclosure. The amp is mounted in the cabinet above the head unit and gets its power from the 12v circuit from the lights under the cabinets.

The really nice feature is the waterproof (wired) remote control unit mounted at the lower right hand side of the dinning slide (near the steps).

From that remote unit, the system can be turned on and off/radio channels changed and volume turned up and down. It is also an MP3 unit which we never use.

Before anyone gets there bowels in an uproar, we respect everyone, so we are carful when and where it is used.

We have had many compliments on the system ( and the sounds coming out of it ) from fellow campers and never a TURN THAT ---- down statement.

We chose our sites carefully so that the door side of our unit faces no one if possible.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote