Thread: Air Bag Install
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 03:20 AM   #15
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
I've used upper Stableloads on both my 05 Ram and the 15 Ford. I liked them on the Ram but not so much on the Ford for two reasons. First when empty the ride was more harsh with the stable loads, a bit too tight. There was a fraction of an inch of space (if any) between the SL pad and the leaf. Second when loaded if I hit a big bump it seemed the FW pin would bounce a lot higher than w/o. Flat smooth towing seemed better but bad roads, not so much. After towing two times with the SLs installed I opened the monty to find things had shifted a lot more than previous trips. The SLs are now stored under my seat so I can test them when I load the Truck Camper for the first time on this new truck. I expect some benefit in that application (and my primary reason for the purchase) since the TC is 4.5k LBS where Monty pin weight is 3k. I didn't have any issues with the Ram. I suspect the spring pack is simply heavier on the new Ford than the older Ram.

FWIW Torklift, the company that makes StableLoads, is an excellent company with very good customer service. You may want to call them and see what they have to say.
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote