Thread: Slide Problems?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 07:34 AM   #14
Baldicon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Looking at your first pic again and the slide out simply IS NOT adjusted correctly. There has to be some play in between the nuts to allow for proper movement and such.. If that is how its adjusted then its adjusted incorrectly and you may have other issues at play

The "Off Center" should be easy to correct if you loosen the correct bolts on the two plates and position the slide out for centered location. May take two people to move slide sideways to obtain proper clearance from side to side
I think we have come to the same conclusion. Shifting the slide vertically/horizontally is fairly straight forward and am not too concerned with these adjustments. But the jam nuts on either side of the hydraulic cylinder "L" bracket has me concerned. Is this what the tech had to do to get it working properly, or did he just not know what he was doing? Right now I'm slammed at work, so will be 2-3 weeks before I get back on it. Don't think I can mess it up any more than it already appears to be so am going to try to adjust it myself. I have the pictures documenting how it is presently.