Thread: Slide Problems?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 08:28 AM   #8
Baldicon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
While we are talking about slide alignment - have you looked at how your gears are aligned? I posted these pics and asked questions about a year ago - mostly just being curious. My slides still go in and out, and snug up correctly with no apparent problems, but I wish there was an easy way to adjust and keep them in alignment. Also - in the last year or so I have noticed that my dining table slide has "drifted" slightly toward the front and a corner barely nicks the fender skirt. Wish I could make some small adjustment and get it re-centered...but re-alignment is evidently a big job.
Thanks Mike, in your last picture, my fender skirt on the slide overlaps the short piece of fender skirt by a good inch. I will take a look at the gear packs. At the rally last year, the factory did pull the slide to replace the nylon bushings inside the rail housing and also replace the aft gear pack. Does yours screech when extending/retracting? Looking at the first picture it looks like your rail is shifted to the right. The nylon bushing that they replaced on mine are inside the square housing that the rail goes into. Perhaps the bushing on the right side is worn or missing. I'm probably wrong, but something to think about.