Thread: Slide Problems?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 06:03 AM   #1
Baldicon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20906
Slide Problems?

I crawled underneath both the LR/Dinette and kitchen slide and noticed a difference in the spacing between the cylinder inner and outer nuts on either side of the guide tube “L” brackets. The nuts on the kitchen slide have about a 1-2” gap between the inner and outer nuts on either side of the “L” bracket, but the inner and outer nuts on either side of the LR/Dinette slide “L” bracket are tightened completely against the “L” bracket. The Lippert manual calls for 2”-3” space between the inner and outer nuts which allows that much free travel. With the nuts on the LR/Dinette slide tight against the “L” bracket, no free travel exists.

The first picture is the LR/Dinette slide and the second picture is the kitchen slide.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure I know what I’m talking about when I take it back to the dealer again for adjustment. Also when retracted, the fender skirt on the front of the slide overlaps and rubs the short section of skirt that is attached to the wall, and there is a 3-4" gap between the slide aluminum skirt and the rear stationary aluminum skirt, so it appears the slide is shifted too far forward. Plus none of the decals line up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lr_dr.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	8193   Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	8194