Thread: FEMA
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 12:55 AM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
OK... I am not a mean guy either. But I would assume the FEMA considered other alternatives seriously before disrupting tourism? I don't know... I know what Pud2 is trying to say. This is a terrible tragedy in many ways, not just in the loss of housing, but the tremendous loss of jobs, and the unimaginable number of small business totally lost. HOWEVER, giving FEMA a blank check on this issue makes me a little uncomfortable. Just coming in and carte blanche wiping out everyone's reservations in the State parks in a three state area (if that's what they did) had better have been a well thought out and last resort plan. Some of this is necessary, I know. It's just that.... well, it's not like FEMA would make any logistical errors or anything. I know we are dealing with recreational use vs relocating distressed families, but maybe they only did this in a handful of parks.

I know some are going to misunderstand what I'm trying to say (NEVER happens with my wife). I do share Pud2 and CountryGuy's concern over FEMA's judgement.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end??
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote