View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 07:40 AM   #26
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
Broken front cap glass - cold weather or vandalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I got a phone call yesterday from our CG owner about 2 hours after we had left our Montana. The maintenance guy while mowing found that we had a broken window. Amazingly, they said it could NOT possibly have been a rock kicked up by that high powered, high speed bladed mower. I can't argue that point since we weren't there but have a very special term starting with the word "Bull".

My wife walked around the camper once and I did it twice to check for open windows, turn off the water and check hatch locks It is covered by insurance so it wont hurt too much besides the inconvenience

Now, the point of this thread - has anyone found an on-line source for replacement glass only. Many, including Trekwood will sell complete windows but in a so far cursory look, haven't found a glass source yet. I'll be checking the local glass companys as well, but chance of finding the right color may be slim. If it ends up that I need to replace the entire window, Hehr, in their wisdom, has put the part number on the inside of the frame - grrrr

Another project is looming, whichever way I go

Went out to my 2019 3731 located on a country 5 acre lot and found the glass in the entry door laying on the steps, with some glass inside and some on the steps. Most of what was left of the window was outside. The screen had a t shape cut about 3 inches in the lower left but door still locked. Walked around and saw the front cap glass still in place but 2 round "smash" areas where the glass was pushed in. No rocks or bricks laying around, no other damage and nothing inside or outside of the RV missing. Any chance this could be settling/stress, or as I think, vandalism?
cghsatx is offline   Reply With Quote