Thread: marathon tires
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 07:58 AM   #1
rafael33155
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13290
Send a message via MSN to rafael33155
marathon tires

i just did a 2100 mile trip with my monty and marathon tires before i started the trip i read the tire spec mine are e rated with a max of 65 mph several things i notice and did on the trip every time i stopped at a rest area or to put gas i touched the side of each tired to see how hot they got @ 60 mph they where warm but i notice if i in crease the mph to 65 on the next stop they got hotter took me a little bit longer to reach my destination but the tire remained warm at 60 mph all through my trip with no problem my theory is that with those tire you can't rely on the highway speed limit and go 75 mph with those tires you must rely on the manufacturer specs so they won't blow out i'm not say it won't happen cause blowout can happen to anyone but looks like these tire can't be run at high rate of speed my suggestion with this and all tires is every time you stop for any reason check the tire's temperature touch them on the side if they're warm they ok but if they are so hot you can't touch them that tire will blowout eventually i'm not an expert just things i notice
rafael33155 is offline   Reply With Quote