View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 07:59 AM   #11
onekla
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12436
From central Arkansas, welcome to the forum and thank you for your service to our country.

Brian and I have the 3610RL (the earlier model - like DarMar's). We absolutely love this RV! We've had it since October 2014. We're mainly weekend campers and try to get in a long trip when we can.

When the slides are in, we can get to the right side door of the refrigerator, the freezer is accessible (might need to stop for an ice cream bar) and we have full access to the bathroom. For now, we're not interested in putting in a washer/dryer which would go in the pantry closet in the kitchen, therefore, we have lots of pantry space. The pantry is not accessible during travel, but we keep snacks in the cabinet to the right of the pantry, which is accessible.

I really like the central vac system. Some folks don't, but it works great for us.

We have the leather theatre seating and sofa and are pleased with it. The sofa folds out to a queen-size bed and it is a decent mattress, not an air mattress. The bed can remain made up for when the kiddos come to visit.

Our unit came with a king-size bed but we kept our queen mattress and sent the king mattress back in the trade-in. It was an easy fix to trim down both sides of the wood that supports the mattress and it gives a little more room to walk around the bed.

The fireplace is used a lot. We use the butane heat to knock out the chill in the mornings and then the fireplace keeps us at a good temp throughout the day. We also use a ceramic heater at night in the living room area during cooler weather.

We are really excited to have the 6-point auto leveling system. Just push a button and it goes through the leveling cycle while we're hooking up water, sewer, etc. This is one of my favorite things.

There are lots of windows on the front side and back end. One thing I wish it has was the MCD shades...maybe someday.

One of the first things we did was to upgrade the tires on our unit and also got a portable surge guard.

One suggestion would be to velcro close any doors that could pop open while moving. If you don't, and don't check those before opening slides, you could end up with a cabinet door being busted or possibly messing up the slide - could be an ugly situation. That hasn't happened to us because we use the velcro fasteners. Our microwave has come open while going down the road, luckily nothing was broken.

We've not seen anything new in the Montana line that we'd trade for - we'd choose this one again if they still made it. This unit pulls well with our truck.

Good luck! Hope you find what you're searching for.

****(Another thing I meant to mentioned...We had reclining chairs at the back end of our previous RVs and I had to turn them around to secure them everytime we hit the road and I set them on my toes one too many times, but no worries now with the theatre seating and a sofa...)
onekla is offline   Reply With Quote