View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #28
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Maybe the best thing would be if somebody has the exact same model as the one you are wanting and could give actual scale numbers instead of guessing high or low. I have an old 7.3 2000 Ford SuperDuty f-350 SRW and tow a 2016 3160 RL LE and when I actually checked at the scale I was a little over on GCWR but not over on any one axle etc. I have the extra AC and a 5500 Marquis genset up front. No problem with over loading the trucks rear axle rating. I would say my unit weight was close to what it was advertised at. The High Country is a weight saving style RV that is typically lighter than the regular Montana's. Your truck has a bit more GCWR than mine. My advise would be to be more careful about the length than if when loaded up you exceed your GVWR by a small percentage. I would also make sure you have a good trailer brake controller as the trailer brakes are also supposed to compensate your trucks braking system. I see more people have problems coping with extra long rigs than anything else.
Just my opinions. I hope you enjoy the RV experience.

Tom Marty