View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #14
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
Thank you for all of your well wishes. Just got back a few hours ago. All went well. Found a few other items to add to the list. All very minor. Being only a few miles from the house they gave us strange look when we checked in. While everybody else was at the lake resting and relaxing my wife and I were all over the 3400 trying everything again and again to make sure it was all working to our expectations. Being so close to the house even a few friends drove out so that they too could check out our new toy and visit.

A few minor issue to get resolved:

Galley Gray Tank Monitor is not working. I get nothing when I press the button. All the rest work correctly (or at least as well as those monitors work).

They forgot to put the garden hose gasket/screen on the city water hookup. So as soon as I turned on the water it started to leak like crazy. Easy fix especially after I found the gasket/screens in a kitchen drawer.

My wife left the drain plug in the tub this morning while showering. She bent down to release the water and the knob came off in her hand. Had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to get a good enough grip to get it to release.

Went to Wally World and spent an additional $250 on stuff for the trailer. After this past week, I feel that I alone is keeping Wal-Mart in business. But found a trash can that is 28in tall to replace the wire basket that is currently being used for the hamper. Greatly increases the capacity. Ran a load of towels that we picked up in the washer/dryer. Over all pleased. Our load was slightly off balanced and did shake the whole trailer when it went in to the spin cycle. But once it went to the dry cycle it was quiet enough to go to sleep while it finished.

I did discover a strange noise from the LP Regulator. We were running the water heater on both LP & Elec and kept hearing this mechanical beep as the water was heating. Tracked it down the regulator. Just turned off the LP switch on the water heater and it stopped. Turned it back on it started again. As soon as the water was to temp and the gas was no longer flowing it stopped. Very strange. Will most likely have them change the regulator.

The only other problem I have been having is blowing the fuse that leads to the Landing Gear/Stabilizer/Slides controller. I absolutely love the key chain remote. It allows me to stand near the slides as they are going out so that I can check for clearances. But every time I retract the lander gear I blow the fuse. I did at the dealership and again today when hooking up. With the truck idling I have problems hearing the gear going up. Once it is fully retracted I am not off the button fast enough and it blows the fuse. Has anybody else had this problem? I only have the problem on the landing gear. Everything else is fine. Worst case I will replace the inline fuse with a 30amp Marine Circuit Breaker. This way all I will have to do is press the reset instead of replacing a 30amp micro blade fuse each time.

Over all very pleased with the Montana. The space inside is amazing, even with a 80# dog. Going from 30' single slide to the 3400 is a night/day difference. I think we will adjust.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote