View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 12:43 PM   #5
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
I have had short beds since 2005 with both square and rounded corners. Had a manual slider in my old truck and an Anderson in my current one. Only slid the slider a very few times in the 14 years that I had it, but once when making a tight turn going forward I made contact with the cab. Luckily it just barely scuffed the clear-coat and was able to buff out, but could of been a disaster. The previous owner of my current truck had a pullrite superlight hitch which is very similar to the Anderson and managed to dent the cab. So, what I am saying is that you can hit the cab even with the "max turn technology", as a matter of fact you can hit the cab with any hitch, bed length, or nose type if you turn sharp enough. The safest bet for a short bed is the auto slider, but you still have to watch what you are doing. Remember when you get in a hurry or forget that you have a trailer behind you is when you will get in trouble. If you are ok with the pullrite's cost, bulk, and hook/ unhook limitations, then I would certainly keep it. I don't think that there is a safer solution than that.