Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #10
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by marknbarb

Thank you all for your imput. I think we will be happy being Montana owners.

I wish it was as easy as just getting a new truck. But after purchasing the Montana, I cant find where I put the rest of the money jars in the yard, and the money trees hibernate in the fall. Does anyone know where I can get glue on dually rear end kit? (just kidding). After posting my first post, I found the below survay.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24061

It seems like most tow with either Ford or Chevy 2500's. Then I looked at the weights on the Montana's. Seems like all the models are up there in weights. Are there that many out there towing over the allowed number rating on the trucks?

(I am the first to admit I don`t know it all, so if I am off on what I said, feel free to tell me)
It's obvious by the manner in which your questions are worded that you know the answers to them. As richfaa said, you need to do your own numbers and then go from there. The addition of airbags and bigger tires may level the truck but will not increase the manufacturer's GVWR. And yes, there are "that many out there towing over the allowed number rating on the truck."

When I did the numbers for my 3400RL, I came up with about 3500 lbs for total weight in the truck to include pin weight, passengers, hitch, and misc stuff in truck, and that equalled dually.
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote