View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 09:36 PM   #18
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
A quick update. Thanks to poor delivery by FedEx, my StarLink sat on a truck from Thursday until Monday night. This morning our DSL internet was down, so I started work on StarLink earlier than anticipated - about 6 am. In about 15 minutes, I had internet. Seriously, that counted putting the dish in the yard, running the wires, plugging it in and letting it update firmware. On the mountain, we’ve been getting snow and cold weather with worse coming. So, I did a quick and dirty install in the house. Across three floors, about 4000 sq ft and back into our Montana (via Winegard Gateway), we are getting decent service with just the stock router. Once it warms up, I’ll go back to the original plan, but that looks to be weeks down the road. Upstairs just now, was getting 76 mbps down and 10 up, compared to 150 down near the router. Our standard WiFi is 15 mbps, so adding a mesh system should outperform our current internet. After spending all day with the hardwired system (CenturyLink, server rack, three Control4 controllers, a Hopper, 4 Joey’s, WiFi door locks, cameras, etc) I didn’t feel like working on it this afternoon. (A bad modem/router took out everything. Got it all back running again.)
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote