View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 09:25 AM   #13
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I think the OP is having problems in two areas: Conserving the bed of his truck, and lifting a 100 (plus) pound item. So he's asking about a rear carrier for his camper. I think most of the pros and cons are addressed here from everyone, giving him decisions to weigh against each other now. (pros and cons).

But to add one more variable into the mix, even if the OP uses a carrier on the back of the trailer, he STILL has to lift it up to get it on the carrier. Granted, it's not as much "lift" as "lifting" into the bed of a pick-up truck, but still, it's a job that's much easier with 2 people.

If the OP is like me, he doesn't want to depend on someone else to do these types of things. And good reason too. Face it. Most of us want to be 100% independent, and do not have to depend on a second person. Face it, there's just some unwritten code among us men: 1) Don't touch my Truck. 2) Don't touch my camper. 3) Don't touch my generator. And FOURTH on the list ... Don't touch my wife!!!!! (well ... some of us anyway!)

So, this is my additional comment! Even if you get the carrier, you still have to lift it onto the carrier. Consider a ramp and a generator that has wheels. It absolutely saves your back.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote