View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 01:05 PM   #19
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Update. Still not finished, weather (-5 F this morning and 6” of snow coming), so I have a temporary install. I am running Centurylink DSL hardwired into my home automation system (Control4). I have an Eero 6 mesh system in bridge mode providing WiFi to the whole house. It runs between 6-20 mbps, fast enough to stream but not 4K. I ran my StarLink cable temporarily through the basement door, to the StarLink router. Eventually, this will be mounted permanently in the basement. It is handling the DHCP duties (not in bridge mode) with a second Eero 6 system connected to the StarLink Ethernet adapter via Ethernet cable. The Eero system is in bridge mode. Right now, the Eero is sitting next to the StarLink router. Eventually I will hardwire it to a location near the Montana sofa. This will be paired to two mesh satellites in the house. Right now, I am able to connect to either Eero system and have not seen degradation of signal or speed. The advantage is when I leave home, all I need is to stow Dishy and we’re off. When I get home, set Dishy and we have StarLink in the house. While gone, we have access to cameras, HVAC, door locks and lighting. Plus, I can turn StarLink off if I am home for months.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is online now   Reply With Quote