View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 02:12 PM   #12
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I surely thought there would be more interesting responses, but maybe I asked it wrong or maybe today's culture of always being politically correct has stood in the way ... so be it ... there's 7.8 billion people on this earth ... you'll not ever keep them all happy. Wanting or not wanting to be your parent is not even close to what I was asking. What trait of either of your parents that you used to cringe at when you were young have you now caught yourself doing? My oldest son related to me that he used to always try to tune out "Paul Harvey's Stand by for NEWS" that I always had on the radio during the noon hour. He says he now searches for some of Mr. Harvey's broadcasts over the internet as he has decided the ole guy had some good stuff to say after all.

I used to ask my youngest before leaving the camp site and again at the boat ramp if he'd checked the drain plug on the jetski ... he used to angrily respond, "Are you getting Senile Dad ... you've asked me a hundred times!" My youngest son says he now gets lip from his own son for repeatedly asking to checking to be sure the boat plug is in the hull before putting it in the water ... he says he certainly understands the why now. Ha!
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote