View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 03:17 PM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Edit:

For those of you who read my original comments here, you know know my story. Maybe some things are better kept quiet so I'm deleting that.

Suffice to say, not everyone has a "Leave it to Beaver" childhood experience with their parents. Suffice it to say, for anyone who did not read my original post here, my parents were NOT June and Ward Cleaver.

But, I will say, my Dad WAS an extremely intelligent person. He had his own television repair business, until "things caught up with him". He was a great carpenter, auto mechanic, and could do anything electrical.

If I acquired anything from my dad it's my ability for carpentry and woodwoorking. Every one of his brothers built houses (from scratch). His father and his grand father built houses and did intricate wood crafting. I come from a long line of carpenters (I suppose).

If anything, I realized I was also a "carpenter" and just like the rest of my ancestors. My grandson (9 years old) is now also picking up the craft from me. I think I had the Ah-ha! moment when I was 16 when I built a cabinet in my parents house (Dad was no longer there to finish some of the things he started when he initially built the house).
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote