View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 08:11 PM   #9
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesb View Post
Brad, I see now, you are talking about the new slide out kitchen. Mine is old school, all built in. After looking at the new style, the stove is good for warming and light cooking, but that would be all. Dometic isn’t quite known for quality outdoor grills. The whole sliding kitchen really takes up a lot of valuable storage space. I don’t see where two refrigerators would be justified. If you leave it pulled out much, you will be letting out a lot of hot and cool out of the basement. If it starts raining while you are cooking, what would you do then? Can’t push it back in hot? Then everything gets wet, plus the basement gets wet. Everything else stored in basement will always be lying or touching sliding part, and will be aggravating. Got to slide it all the way out just to get a cold drink. I don’t think it would go on my wish list. Good luck. Maybe someone else will have this new style.
Thanks James, appreciate the clarification.
We have had outdoor kitchens, and love them. Like you, though, have not had good success with the stoves. Otherwise have used the fridge and cabinet space. Even have used the top of the stove as an outdoor bar.

We like it so much that even though we like the rear den 3791RD, the lack of outdoor kitchen means I am trying to figure a way to put one back in. I'm on the fence about the new slide out kitchen for sure...

Thanks again,
Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote