View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 08:47 PM   #39
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt & Vicki View Post
A properly tuned truck will not smoke unless you lug the engine where it shouldn't be running anyway. As far as deleted trucks go, tuned right they run cleaner and burn less fuel than a truck with emissions. I don't think people should complain about deleted trucks that are tuned right considering that a truck with emissions has a filter that gets up to 600* when its going through a regen. More fuel and more heat are kind of bad for the environment too, isn't it. There is always a good fight for both sides. Just pick one.
I find it hard to believe that a simple tune would make a diesel run cleaner then a emissions controlled one. After all I’m sure the auto manufacturers wouldn’t spend millions (probably billions if all manufacturers development costs were combined) on emission systems that add cost and reduce reliability if there was a cheaper solution.