Thread: E-Bikes
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 10:48 PM   #14
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
We purchased the Rad Mini's (folding) one for each of us. Rad is currently the top rated Ebike. We paid $1199 (Black Friday Sale), however I wold have paid full price. They are amazing bikes I was a serious rider until about 4 years ago.

The Rad has front suspension that the 4" tires are very soft ride. You can also add a suspension seat post if you need more cush.

Rad is based in Seattle as am I so we had the luxury for test riding and visiting the store and getting to know the staff, they are not simply a Chinese bike reseller,, however they are Asian built bikes (they all are these days).

They are heavy but built like a tank, probably the strongest and best built bike I have seen or ridden.

Peddles easy on the flats then just give a little throttle for the hills, we use the power assist maybe 20%-30%. 20 mile rides still have over 1/2 battery left.

Rad just released their latest generation of the Mini whereas they did lighten just a bit. Due to the folding (very compact) two will easily fit in your basement or simply get as hitch receiver bike rack for the back of the RV.

I would not buy a sub $1k Ebike, The sales and tech support is second to none with RAD just a phone call to Seattle and you get to talk to a real person.

It is also important to understand the wattage of an ebike. Rad's are 750-watt motors many are only 500-watt (a little under powered) Until recently State and National Parks and bike trails banned ebikes however that has recently changed whereas 750 watts and under are now allowed. SO definitely do not purchase one with higher than 750W motors.

We could not be happier with our purchase.

Here is a great review from a RV'er (these are the same two Rad's we purchased). Also if you buy 2 there is an additional $200 discount...

lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote