View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #22
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
I chose to install mine pre-turbo. After many weeks of research on the net I could not find a single instance where one had broken off and eaten a turbo. They're made for aircraft service and don't break. It's recommended that you replace them after 4-5 years though.

I think it's probably more likely that the intake heater element would fall apart and be ingested. I removed it.

As for the shavings from drilling. Use a small drill coated with grease, then a slightly larger one until you get up to the size needed for the probe. The grease captures most of it and what's left is so small it blows through with no damage.

Why a pyro? The pyro controls the turbo temp monitor. The TTM keeps the turbo from 'coking' the oil from shutting down hot.

Ford gave be crap for modding 'their' truck. I responded by taking it to a different shop. The mechanic at the new shop said 'nice work'.

I figure I added the stuff that Ford should have put on there in the first place. Guages. An exhaust system that doesn't choke it to death, an air filter that doesn't deform & suck dust, and a gadget that extends the life of the the turbo bearings.

All in all I'm happy with the choices I made.
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote