View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #18
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by brenkco

Mark

Depending on the day/time you go, traffic can be a problem either route. Hwy 12 through Sonoma, Valley of the Moon, Kenwood and east Santa Rosa is a pain. Many signals, and stop and go. I never travel that route even when we are not towing. I find that road very frustrating. The only time I'd consider going Hwy 12 is race day at Infineon Race track. Even then, I time my travel to go 37 during the middle of the race so I can avoid Hwy 12.

The route I described comes in south of Petaluma. It can be slow (as can 37 by Mare Island) depending on the time of day. Mid-day to early afternoon you are fine.

Larry....if you see a Vantage on the road today......give us a wave!!!!

Mark....we are traveling that exact route today...traffic considerations...(weekend only, M-F is not an issue if you get to Petaluma before 3) get through the 50/80 merge in Sacramento before 11, the rest is heavy but not too bad. Wait 'till noon or later, a 2 hour trip becomes 3 or more.

Ken
Thank you kindly Ken! I will, unfortunately, be hitting the 101 in the afternoon. I leave Winnemucca NV the morning , so it'll be a good 6-7 hours or so before we get there. Oh, well...
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote