View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 12:10 AM   #16
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I just returned from the MOC national rally in Goshen. While leaving the meeting Sept 27th i turned my tpms 507 monitor on. I did not use the system going to Goshen on account i thought it didn't work even though i had installed and programmed the system about a month before i left for Goshen. When leaving for the rally i turned the monitor on and nothing happened.I didn't wait long enough for the monitor to pick up the signal so i thought the monitor wasn't working. When leaving the rally i turned the monitor on again and waited a little longer and the monitor started working. About 200 miles down the road i started getting a shrill sound from the monitor and saw that my left front tire was registering 95 pounds and all the others were around 120 pounds. I was inflated to 110 psi on all the tires so i knew there was a problem. I stopped at a tire store about 2 or 3 miles down the road and took my tire off across the street from the tire store as i couldn't fit in there parking lot. The worker submerged my tire in a tank and found the wheel was leaking from a hairline crack. This is the 2nd factory wheel i have had a problem with. If it wasn't for the tpms i would have done some major damage to the trailer as the tire would have gotten low enough to build up heat and finally come apart. Can't say enough how good these monitor's are. Even if you don't constantly read the monitor the warning sound is enough to catch your attention so that you can pull over hopefully before you wipe out the side of your trailer.I will now have 2 spares as it is not easy to find spare wheels while traveling for these trailers. I have 4 Hispec wheels ordered now to get rid of the factory wheels. These sailun tires have now outlasted 2 wheels so they are obviously tougher than the wheels.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote