View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 04:03 PM   #17
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Rear stabilizer

We have a 3790RD, and since you are similar length, you may find what we found...
With the 6 point hydraulic system, the front and middle of the rig are actually very stable; far more stable than any past 5iver we've had... the problem is the back with the long overhang behind the rearmost jack.

So, I had a friend build me a hitch mount stabilizer similar to a product you can buy from Mor-ryde...
https://www.morryde.com/products/hit...nt-stabilizer/

I don't have the skills to build it so was going to buy one, but a gracious friend built one for me in exchange for my helping him.
It makes a huge difference, more than I expected! And, since it takes only a few seconds to use, I find we use it any time we are staying somewhere for more than a night.
Never once have I thought about going back to a tripod; in fact a few weeks ago, when I helped a friend setup their 5th wheel and fought with the tripod setup, I was reminded of how grateful I am that our Montana is so easy and stable without that.

Now, if someone has a washer/dryer up front, they may think the front is not stable, so perhaps YMMV.

hth!

Brad